International Collaboration Opportunities
CfEL is keen to foster and grow international collaboration that supports and enhance our research portfolio and philosophy and result in world-class research output. These collaborations can be at an institutional, group or individual level. Past projects have included:
- "Comparative Analysis between Cambridge and Arezzo Entrepreneurial Clusters"
with the University of Siena and the University of Florence, Italy
- "Identification of Good Practice and Skills required in Open Innovation"
with Unilever and the Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge
- "The Methodology and Knowledge Sharing Project on Social Network Analysis"
with Laurea, Finland
- "Analysis on Indivers' Entrepreneurial Companies and Resources"
with the European Foundation for Entrepreneurship Research, Netherlands
There are other areas of research areas that hold potential, such as:
- The social, environmental and economic context and impact of clean-technologies entrepreneurship in industrialised as well as developing contexts
- Characteristics and skills of responsible entrepreneurs
- The life 'story' of clean/green emergent technologies
- The valuing and growing of clusters like the Cambridge cluster
- The power and demographics dynamics of clusters
- Women entrepreneurs in high-tech industries
- The process of opportunity recognition in entrepreneurship
- The role of the support community and civic entrepreneurs in the cluster development
- Various internal and external dynamics of clusters and the role of the individuals within it
As long as research projects help to inform the broad agenda of entrepreneurship education, i.e. "what should we be teaching the entrepreneurs of the future?" the questions can be varied and inclusive of many interests. We are not restricted to a certain type of research methodology, philosophical orientation or theoretical perspective. The Centre is interested in research that has impact on practice and the potential to be world-class and of international importance, pushing boundaries or redefining our understanding. The overall objective is to produce research which results in CfEL and others improving and/or adapting the practice of entrepreneurship education.
Find Out More
Interested in working with CfEL on a specific research opportunity? Please contact:
Dr Shima Barakat
Tel: +44 (0)1223 766900